North Sails NEWS
WANT TO JOIN OUR CREW?
North Sails in Ft. Lauderdale is Hiring
The world’s leading sailmaker is seeking passionate sailors to join our team and be part of the next generation of North Sails!
North Sails is the world’s leading sailmaker, with 150 locations around the world serving sailors on every type of boat. The position we are looking to fill, Sail Expert/Sales Associate, is a hands-on, customer-facing job responsible for matching the products and services of North Sails with sailors who want to enjoy their boats more. The position will report directly to the U.S. Sales Manager and will be based in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida, office.
Providing exceptional assistance, working hard, and sharing knowledge will be daily activities for you, and being prepared is of high importance. You’ll gain satisfaction from achieving goals as part of a great team helping North Sails to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role will perform traditional sales duties, including networking, prospecting, and building an individual customer base. Additionally, the role will serve as lead inside sales facilitator and first point of contact for many online requests for quotes, either directly selling or collaborating with other sales team members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Responding professionally to inquiries for new sails, in person and via digital means
- Using company software to organize and execute lead follow-up
- Determining customers’ needs and explaining the appropriate sail products for them
- Securing new sail orders consistent with established pricing and other parameters
- Measuring boats for new sails in detail according to well-established procedures
- Completing on-line forms to enter sail details to enable sail design
- Installing, reviewing, and sailing with new sails to ensure customer goals have been met
- Developing new sources of business
- Long experience sailing, whether cruising or racing, big boats or small
- Familiarity with sail trim, sail care, and general sailboat operation
- Above average skill using Microsoft Windows and/or Google Drive for the organization and access of a wide variety of information
- Familiarity with Google Meet, Zoom, or similar, including screen-sharing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and spoken
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds and operate safely aboard a sailboat at the dock or underway
- Ability to contribute aboard a sailboat to improve the owner’s sailing knowledge or enjoyment
- Reliable transportation for servicing the physical sales territory
Job Type/ Compensation
- Salary draw against a group commission plan, based on expected sales
- A flexible work environment with sailing opportunities
- 401(k) with up to a 4% employer match
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Limited personal car and cell phone reimbursement