North Sails LOFT NEWS
FALL SERVICE COLLECTION
We’re Here For All Your Sail Care Needs
We’re coming to you to make it easier than ever for fall service and winter storage. It’s time for some TLC for your sails that have done a lot this season.
Pick Up Times & Locations
Crowley’s Yacht Yard | November 16
Larsen Marine | October 21
What Does This Include?
Your sails will receive our trademark 10 point inspection:
- Inspect head, tack, clew and reef attachments. Inspect webbing & hardware for chafe and UV damage. Inspect hand stitching.
- Inspect luff tapes and luff attachments.
- Inspect for chafe at external hardware contact points at spreaders, shrouds, stanchions etc.
- Inspect leech line, foot line and attachment system.
- Inspect sail for UV damage and proper furling side (if applicable).
- Inspect batten pocket ends, attachments and fit (if applicable).
- Inspect sail body for condition of cloth, seams, sail numbers, draft stripes and windows. Replace or add telltales (complimentary).
- Inspect miscellaneous gear: Spinnaker Snuffer line and hoop, mainsail external flaking system, headsail vertical battens, UV covers, etc.
- Inspect sailbag draw string, zippers, web straps, and label properly.
- Sail report, 10 checkpoints, comments
One Year Free Sail Care
Recently purchased a sail within the past year? Congratulations – not just on your sail but also your sail qualifying for One Year Free Sail Care; another standard from North Sails. We proudly offer one year of sail care and repair free with the purchase of a new Cruising, Club racing or One Design sail. This program is honored anywhere in North Sails worldwide network of sales and service locations.
Annual inspection of your sails will help extend the sail life and maintain performance, don’t compromise! When your sails arrive, a member of our service team will thoroughly inspect your sails and identify any maintenance issues with recommendations on how to proceed to maintain their longevity. This service is standard across any North Sails loft due to our unmatched worldwide network means you get the same quality service whether you’re at home or in a distant port. Recommendations regarding UV replacements, re-cuts and sail washing are available; we do it all!
Expertise At Your Fingertips
Beyond this, the crew at North Sails Chicago are available to help with all your related sail care needs! You can speak with Perry or Keith about upgrading your sails or with Luke on how to best take care of your sails including short and long term storage.
Deanna will be at the loft from 10am-2pm on Saturday November 2nd and November 9th for any customers who want to drop off sails.