North Sails LOFT NEWS
NORTH SAILS IS HIRING
Join Our Marketing Team
At North Sails, we attribute much of our brand awareness and digital growth to the strength of our marketing division. To build on this momentum, we’re searching for a Social Media Coordinator to work closely with our head of social.
We are looking for a skillful and strategic social media coordinator with a passion for sailing to work on our company’s presence on a multitude of social media platforms. The social media coordinator should create gripping content, analyze public feedback, and report on the effects of each key undertaking. To be successful as a social media coordinator, you should strike a delicate balance between publishing frequent outputs and maintaining consumers’ interest. A top-notch social media coordinator will be knowledgeable about the best posting times for each social media platform. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in social media on a consumer level. The Social Media coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
The role will be based out of the North Sails loft in Palma, Mallorca.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating written posts that are sharp, memorable, and effective at prompting readers to take action.
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Manager in posting and administrating the planned social media posts.
- Image sourcing and media library management
- Globally responsible for the social media coverage of local events
- Manage and vet incoming social media requests; screening requests for accuracy and completeness
- Optimizing content for publication across various social media sites.
- Collaborating with our creative team to ensure that posts are engaging.
- Scheduling copy for release at optimal times.
- Monitoring user engagement with feedback on every post.
- Remaining abreast of changes to all pertinent social media platforms.
- Exploring the potential value of social media sites that are not yet in our repertoire.
- Assist with collecting market shares
- Listening on social accounts outside of hours during events season and collecting the necessary information for social media posts.
Social Media Coordinator Requirements:
- Fluent English
- Degree in marketing, communication studies, journalism, creative writing, or similar.
- Experience as a social media coordinator at a similar company.
- Expert knowledge of all leading social media sites, including their algorithms.
- Firm grasp of Creator Studio and key social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Premier Pro)
- A general understanding of Facebook Ads Manager
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to build trust by holding yourself accountable
- Knowledge of pertinent engagement metrics.
- Appreciation for novel insights and ideas.
- Willingness to work overtime to accommodate various time zones.
- Have a passion for sailing!