North Sails LOFT NEWS
WANT TO JOIN OUR CREW?
North Sails in Palma is Hiring
The worlds leading sailing brand is seeking passionate sailors to join our team and be part of the next generation of North Sails!
Following our recent expansion, we are currently hiring for multiple positions in Palma, Mallorca. Currently North Sails looking to fill the role of a Sailmaker at our Palma, Mallorca location. Do you want a rewarding career and the opportunity to work with the best people and the best products in the sailing industry? Join the North Sails team today.
Our service sailmakers are highly skilled, motivated and expert problem solvers. Each day is filled with a range of sales support and service tasks to ensure customer needs are met. Whether you’re helping assess and repair sails or meeting customers to deliver and install great products, you’re a key part of the team. Providing exceptional assistance, working hard, and sharing knowledge will be daily activities for you and being prepared is of high importance. You’ll gain satisfaction from achieving goals as part of a great team helping North Sails to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a sailmaker at North Sails in Palma you will work on a wide range of projects specialising in cruising, super yacht and grand prix racing sails. You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing our customers with technically advanced products and the highest quality service.
Your role will be to assess and carry out repairs and regular maintenance on a wide variety of sails. You will communicate with colleagues, managers and the sales team completing estimates using North Sails standards for pricing and rates. Daily tasks also include cutting, fabricating and installing materials as described in the North Sails Blue Book and other documented or known practices using your judgment and experience to ensure all work carried out meet our clients expectations. You will also need a keen eye for detail, be able to work alone or as part of a team and maintain a clean and safe working environment. Our facility is equipped with a variety of specialist tools and machinery including power cutters, dies, cranes, forklifts and industrial sewing machines.
Larger projects sometimes require team members with specialist skills to work off site carrying out sail installations, assisting with sea trails and sail removal. The entire team benefits from your commitment to providing the best care for customers. By helping North Sails maintain strong relationships with customers, you are instrumental to our success.
- Minimum 3 years experience as sailmaker
- Ability to assess sails and provide solutions
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Good hand eye coordination and an eye for detail
- Ability to read various measuring devices and interpret specifications
- Proof of legal authority to work in Spain
- Full driving licence
- Flexible schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs
- Minimum 3 years sailmaking experience with industrial sewing experience and be proficient with hand tools
- Capable of working on knees for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 25 kgs on a regular basis
- Full Time