North Sails LOFT NEWS
WANT TO JOIN OUR CREW?
North Sails in Auckland, New Zealand is Hiring
North Sails is a unique sailmaker, built on a champion spirit. Founded in 1957 by Lowell North who applied an engineer’s logic to a traditional craft, North Sails transformed the industry and has become the world leader in sailmaking technology. North Sails offers a wide range of performance 3D and paneled sails for cruising sailors and is the world’s leading sailmaker for one-design classes with more National, World and Olympic Class victories than all other sailmakers combined. North Sails is the sailmaker of choice on the majority of America’s Cup, Grand Prix, ocean race boats and Superyachts.
North Sails looking to fill the role of Apprentice Sailmaker/ Sailmakers Assistant at our Auckland, New Zealand loft. The Sailmaker Assistant helps with detailing sails during the layout stage of production, sewing seams and detailing to sails. Working as part of a small close knit team you will have options to expand your skills and knowledge. This position is part of the sail care service team utilizing specialized sewing machines, plotters and other equipment in the repair and service process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying detailing to sails, Preparing parts to be applied to sails
- Sewing different types and weights of nylon, polyester, laminate and molded fabrics/textiles
- Cleaning and maintaining your machines
- Patching and preparing items to be sewn to sails
- Checking your work against other products
- Cleaning your work areas
- Experience in commercial sewing is a bonus (can provide training for the right candidate)
- Work efficiently and accurately
- Attention to fine details
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team friendly
- Must have a valid work Visa or be a NZ Citizen.
- Good written and spoken English
217 Archers Rd, Wairau Valley, Auckland, New Zealand.
Point of Contact