Racing Asymmetric Spinnakers
North’s powerful Racing Asymmetrics are the evolutionary descendants of our dominant America’s Cup and Volvo Ocean Race designs. They have been developed using the University of Auckland Twisted Flow Wind Tunnel and the North Sails Virtual Wind Tunnel™ downwind flow simulation software. The result is a stable asymmetric spinnaker that delivers increased drive and reduced drag over a broader wind spectrum, which is especially important for today’s generation of lighter, faster-accelerating boats. North Racing Asymmetrics are offered in six different wind range models, each with a targeted selection of high performance downwind materials to precisely match your boat and type of racing.
- Computer molded using North proprietary software
- TrueRadial™ construction, every seam is shaped
- Color choices available for nylon spinnaker fabrics
- Stainless steel corner rings with strap reinforcement
- Adjustable Dyneema leech, luff and foot cords
- Sail Numbers, Country Code
- Certified Measurement
- North Spinnaker Box Sail Bag
- Multiple weight panel constructions
- Integral Clew Strop
- Retriever Patch
- Gybulator Lazy Sheet Keeper
- Anti Torsion Furling Luff Rope
- Trim Chevrons
- SailKote Plus
- Custom North Sails Graphics
North Sails invites you to choose the colors for your new North Spinnaker. Choosing your colors is a fun way to add a personal touch to your new sail.
Here are a few important items.
- Not all colors are available in all weights and all materials
- Some colors may not be available at the time of order
- Please select the material type based upon your sail quote or sales order information
- Three colors only – to avoid dissimilar material properties
- North Sails is not responsible for sail shape or smoothness issues related to color combination
- Available Color Schemes are based on size. Please choose from a pre-existing scheme based on your boats I or ISP dimension (Spinnaker Halyard elevation from deck) .
- The color of the spinnaker head and tack patches normally match the luff panels.
- The color of the clew patches normally match the leech panels
- Spinnaker materials vary in color between styles, lots and cloth weights. Your sail may have two or more cloth weights which will be noticeable in the finished sail.
- Computer monitors and printers may not accurately display spinnaker material colors
- Please refer to the cloth manufacturers web site or ask your North Sails representative for color samples