Would you like a North Sails Expert to call you? Just leave us your number and a short message we will direct the inquiry to the right person to help. We promise to call as quickly as possible, but at some times we may be out sailing. Looking for a quote? Please use the request a quote tab above.
Find My Expert
Please search by name or location to find your local North Sails Expert.
Find My Loft
Find your local loft below.
Are you looking for something you can’t find on our web site? Do you need product information or help with a sail? Just send us a message and we will respond promptly.
Are you ready to buy? Would like to learn more about products and prices? Please fill in the forms below and we will have your local North Sails Expert create a custom sail proposal for you.
North Sails Group, LLC Sweepstakes
2017 North Sails Group, LLC J-Class Sweepstakes, powered by Uber
7/5/17 – 7/31/17 – Promotion Dates
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes any person they believe have intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select the winner from among all eligible mail-in and online entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND OFFICIAL SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2017 North Sails Group, LLC J-Class Sweepstakes, powered by Uber (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of North Sails Group, LLC Group (the “Sponsor”), Uber, the J Class Association, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on Wednesday, July 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, July 31, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: There is one way to enter.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person regardless of whether entrant has more than one email address.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)/Odds: Grand Prize: 1 Grand Prize is available to be won for a $1,700 value:
- 2 seats for a sailing experience onboard either a J-Class boat or spectator boat on either August 19th or 20th.
- 1 night stay at a hotel in Newport – Check in August 19th and Check out August 20th.
- Travel allowance: $300
- Uber Credit: $400
- VIP swag bag including North Sails Collection kit
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received, but is estimated at 1:10,000.
5. Random Drawing: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about Monday, July 31, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period by North Sails Group, LLC/ the Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
6. Winner Notification: Prize winners will be notified by email and requested to confirm their mailing address within 48 hours via return email. Prizes will be sent to the address on the entry form or new address provided via email within 4-6 weeks of winner being verified.
If winner notification is returned as undeliverable or if a selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
7. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize is the sole responsibility of prize winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the winner, the prize is considered awarded.
The winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
8. Release: Participating entrants and their guests agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, North Sails Group, LLC, Uber, and J Class Association, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
9. Indemnity: Winners and their guests shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of Connecticut. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Connecticut without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Connecticut. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
12. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, email email@example.com
13. Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winners (available after Monday, July 31, 2017), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than Sunday, August 20, 2017) to: 2017 North Sails Group, LLC J-Class Sweepstakes, Winner Confirmation Request, 449 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840.
14. Sponsor: North Sails Group, LLC Group, 125 Old Gate Lane, Milford, CT 06460
|PRIZE||RETAIL VALUE||NUMBER OF PRIZES||ODDS|
|Grand Prize: 1 Grand Prize is available to be won for a $1,700 value||$1,700||1||1 in 10,000|
You Have Not Yet Won. All entries have the same chance of winning. No one will know who the winner is until after the Sweepstakes ends.
Entry Is Free. You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the fields in the online entry form and submit.
Buying Won’t Help You Win. Chances of winning without making a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who buys something.
Entry Deadline/Sweepstakes Closing Date. To be eligible to win the prize offered in this Sweepstakes, your entry must be received by the applicable entry dates stated in this communication. If there is no Entry Deadline stated, your entry must be received by the Final Sweepstakes Closing Date of 07/31/17.
Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.