A North Cruising Gennaker is a free-flying, asymmetric spinnaker tacked to the bow or sprit and does not require a spinnaker pole, special hardware or rigging. North Gennakers are offered in three distinct models (Close Reacher, All-Purpose, Runner), one of which will be a perfect fit depending on your boat’s performance parameters and your preferred wind range. All Cruising Gennaker models feature a wide steering groove to ensure maximum versatility, which is especially important when cruising at night or by autopilot.
- * G1 and G2 Gennakers are compatible with North Snuffer Plus™ or external rope top-down furlers.
- ** G Zero Gennakers are compatible with North Snuffer Plus™ or internal luff rope top-down or bottom-up furlers.
- G1 and G2 available in choice of lightweight Nylon or Polyester spinnaker fabrics
- G Zero available in Nylon, Polyester and Code Zero laminates
- Color choices available for nylon spinnaker fabric
- Stainless steel corner rings with strap reinforcement
- Adjustable Dyneema leech, luff and foot cords
- High Modulus Internal Luff Rope
- North Spinnaker Box Sail Bag
- North Snuffer Plus™ (G Zero, G1, G2)*
- Anti Torsion Furling Luff Rope (G Zero)**
- Step Up Cloth Weight Construction
- Integral Clew Strop
- Gybulator Lazy Sheet Keeper
- Sail Numbers, Country Cod
- Certified Measurement
- SailKote Plus
- Custom North Sails Graphics
North Sails invites you to choose the colors for your new North Spinnaker. Choosing your colors is a fun way to add a personal touch to your new sail.
Here are a few important items.
- Not all colors are available in all weights and all materials
- Some colors may not be available at the time of order
- Please select the material type based upon your sail quote or sales order information
- Three colors only – to avoid dissimilar material properties
- North Sails is not responsible for sail shape or smoothness issues related to color combination
- Available Color Schemes are based on size. Please choose from a pre-existing scheme based on your boats I or ISP dimension (Spinnaker Halyard elevation from deck) .
- The color of the spinnaker head and tack patches normally match the luff panels.
- The color of the clew patches normally match the leech panels
- Spinnaker materials vary in color between styles, lots and cloth weights. Your sail may have two or more cloth weights which will be noticeable in the finished sail.
- Computer monitors and printers may not accurately display spinnaker material colors
- Please refer to the cloth manufacturers web site or ask your North Sails representative for color samples