3Di Composite Sailmaking, Now Available Downwind
For the first time, sailors can enjoy the benefits of 3D molding and composite construction in select downwind sails. 3D molding provides a precisely shaped and smooth sail surface for optimized aerodynamics. Composite construction enables high-resolution spread filament tape distribution, placing exactly the right amount of material in exactly the right direction. 3Di Downwind eliminates the parasitic weight and inevitable distortion of mylar film – a significant advantage in lightweight downwind sails.
- Custom designed sails for maximum VMG
- Targeted for fast, flat Code Sail applications
- Downwind spread filament tape series; high strength, lightweight.
- Helix Technology is standard on all Code Sails
- DOWNWIND 303: 100% Polyester
- DOWNWIND 706: UltraPE / Aramid
- DOWNWIND 706 HYBRID: UltraPE / Aramid
- DOWNWIND 708: Carbon / UltraPE / Aramid
- DOWNWIND 808: Carbon / UltraPE / Aramid
- DOWNWIND STAYSAIL: Carbon / UltraPE / Aramid – Black Surface
Code Zero / Code 65 / Code 55 / Code 50 / Helix Furling Gennaker / Spinnaker Staysail / Mizzen Staysail
*Spinnaker Staysail and Mizzen Staysail available only in Black