MAXIMUM DOWNWIND PERFORMANCE
Lighter, Stronger more stable Spinnakers and Gennakers™ for the race course or the course home.
North Sails offers a wide variety of downwind symmetric and asymmetric sail types made from woven nylon or polyester sailcloth. Each of our sail types is designed for a specific range of wind speeds and angles.
Every North sail is custom designed to suit each customer’s needs and each boat’s specific characteristics. These sophisticated designs maximize VMG/VMC in the broadest range of wind and sea conditions. NPC Downwind sails provide higher boatspeeds, deeper angles and faster acceleration with consistent and predictable trimming characteristics.
- Superior sail types based on vast experience combined with structural analysis and aerodynamic modeling
- Racing sails sized for rating or class rule optimization
- Cruising sails sized for ease of use and handling
- Sail handling options for Snuffers™ and Furlers
- Wide Range of colors
- Custom Graphics available
- NorLon woven resin-impregnated RipStop Nylon for strength and durability (Cruising)
- Urethane coated RipStop Nylon or Polyester for zero porosity and light weight (Racing)
- Radial Paneled construction for smoothness and shapeholding
- Highly refined construction detailing and standard features
- Wide range of cloth styles and weights