REACHING HIGHSPEED PERFORMANCE
Stronger, firmer reaching sails for point to point performance.
Modern asymmetric reaching sails require low stretch, light weight and highly durable materials. North Downwind Laminates are a purpose built range of sail materials to meet these requirements, produced on the North Cloth laminator using the eXact x-ply insert process.
Our Xi downwind styles are offered in multiple constructions to optimally address the wide range of conditions encountered by reaching sails – for inshore, offshore, monohull, multihull, racing or cruising.
- Custom designed sails for Maximum VMC
- Purpose built materials optimized for strength, weight and durability
- Furling capable for internal torsion cable applications
- Engineered for widest possible wind range
- Xi Code – Aramid warp Insert and eXact scrim and light polyester film outer plies
- Xi Code T – Aramid warp Insert and eXact scrim, light polyester film outer ply and single light taffeta outer ply
- Xi Race – Aramid warp Insert and eXact scrim and polyester film outer plies
- Xi Race T – Aramid warp Insert and eXact scrim and polyester film outer ply and single taffeta outer ply
- Cuben Fiber – Ultra PE spread filament composite panels
- NorLam TF – Polyester Film/Taffeta